Phantom 4 Pro Plus
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus
Yesterday saw the release of 2 new DJI products: the Phantom 4 Pro follows on from the massive introduction of the Mavic Pro only weeks ago.
The difference between the Phantom 4 Pro and the Pro Plus is the inclusion of the 5.5inch 1080p screen fitted to the controller. This is purposely designed for viewing in daylight with an enhanced screen type.
Part of the screen is a HDMI port, Micro SD card slot, microphone, loudspeaker and WiFi. DJI have done this to allow you to edit 1080p images on the go and still upload to social sites (Facebook, Instagram etc) or website.
What you will find the in the new Phantom 4 Pro is:
- An updated camera that packs a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor
- It is capable of shooting 4K/60fps video and Burst Mode stills at 14 fps.
- Reduced frame weight and strength from the adoption of titanium alloy and magnesium alloy construction
- FlightAutonomy is the new system which adds dual rear vision sensors and infrared sensing projecting up to 30m away.
- This provides five-directions of obstacle sensing and four-directions of obstacle avoidance (forward/backwards/left/right).
With the introduction of Lightbridge HD the new video and controller signally which uses 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz transmission signal is increase to a whopping 7km (unobstructed).
If this is too much for you, the Phantom 4 Pro doesn't include the screen and saves you $500.