Drone Flying Rules
Introduced by Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)
- Stay at least 30 metres away from people with your drone.
- Keep your drone under 400 feet (121.92m).
- You may not operate your drone above a large gathering of people (e.g.: at sporting events, over crowds at the beach or groups of protestors).
- You must keep your drone within sight while you’re operating it.
- You may not operate your drone within 5km of an airport and a place where planes take off or land from.
My Drones Aerial Imagery takes the CASA licensing serious and as such we hold all necessary licenses including:
- Each pilot holds a UAV Controller Certificate
- The business holds a UAV Operator Certificate (UOC), and
- Full Public Liability Insurance for our craft in the air through QBE Aviation
- Member of Australian Assoc. for Unmanned Systems
- Accredited Drone Operator Program - AAUS
That way you can feel comfortable in buying from a business that knows and abides by the regulations and can provide you with the right advice.