DJI PHANTOM 4
DJI has been synonymous with quadcopters for the past decade. The DJI Phantom 4 was leaps and bounds ahead of the Phantom 3 by the inclusion of forward Obstacle Avoidance. Other updates were also added after learning even more when the popularity of drones exploded in 2015/2016.
Now at the end of 2016, DJI have introduced an upgraded platform to the Phantom 4....this is the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro +
These two new craft exceed the expectations be inclusion of 4x Obstacle Avoidance sensors, enhanced camera and additional Flight Software.
Take a look below for the run down of the Phantom 4 range of drones / quadcopters / craft / birds...
When you though you had seen it all....DJI release the Phantom 4. This overtakes the Phantom 3 Professional as "The Daddy" of the Phantom drones by the addition of ActiveTrack and Collision Avoidance. Initially starting at $2399, now on sale at $1699 this craft virtually flies itself. All the awesome features of the Phantom 3 Professional plus much more.
Featuring an upgraded 4K UHD video plus up to 28 mins flight time and much more.
What you will find the in the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro is:
- An updated camera that packs a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor
- It is capable of shooting 4K/60fps video and Burst Mode stills at 14 fps.
- Reduced frame weight and strength from the adoption of titanium alloy and magnesium alloy construction
- FlightAutonomy is the new system which adds dual rear vision sensors and infrared sensing projecting up to 30m away.
- This provides five-directions of obstacle sensing and four-directions of obstacle avoidance (forward/backwards/left/right).
The difference between the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro + is the inclusion of the 5.5inch 1080p screen fitted to the controller. This is purposely designed for viewing in daylight with an enhanced screen type.
With the introduction of Lightbridge HD the new video and controller signal which uses 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz transmission signal is increase to a whopping 7km (unobstructed).